Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Frustration, Pt. II

More struggles on the algebra front. It's really hard for me.

I'm not completely sure why. Some of it is just the material itself: I've never really embraced math. Then there's the fact that it has been so long since I really studied it. Jimmy Carter was the president the last time I was working hard on algebra, so that should tell you something. Maybe if I wore ridiculous-looking 70s clothes it would help.

But I'm trying really, really hard. That's the lesson I am trying to build myself up with -- that the effort is being made and that's got to be worth something.

This may be reiterating what I said earlier, but it's worth repeating: Don't give up. There are times when you will want to; and there will be times when you should. But make sure that it doesn't come too soon. Do everything you can to succeed. If there's still a chance you can, then you should keep fighting for it.

You know how I love football, and sports in general. But this is one lesson that sports can teach ... that as long as there is time, you can win. But you have to really want it, and you have to never let up.

So that's what I'm doing with this. I'm fighting to win.

Because if you can't defeat algebra in the classroom, then algebra will fight you over here.

That's "W" logic. It looks even stupider in this context...

1 comment:

Jason h said...

Hey! i'm going to cali this sunday.. gonna be there for a week, this is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash. later!