Friday, July 6, 2007

Testing...

So today I had my first algebra test. It could have gone better.

But, what has been interesting is that all week it has been a roller coaster. Monday I felt lost; Tuesday I was despondent, but felt that I wasn't a complete idiot. Wednesday I couldn't go to school because of the holiday; Thursday I felt like I had finally started to get it and found it challenging and even fun. Today I was stressed beforehand but felt like I was sort of ready. Then the test came and parts of it seemed easy, other parts ridiculously hard.

So my point?

Life sometimes generates these crazy ups-and-downs. Frank Sinatra had a song about it called "That's Life." I doubt he wrote it. But the sentiment is good. Listen to it. (Go ahead, humor me. Bet you can find it on Napster.) The bad days are generally offset at some point by the good ones, so try and remember that things will get better. Even if you make a 62 on your algebra test.

Anyway, I was in algebra lab for multiple hours again today, so I am running behind. Late for work. But at least no algebra until Monday.

Love,

Dad

No comments: